Sunday 2 February 2014

STARTING OVER ...

Where and when did it all start.... and what is the destination? At my age and with my life experience you would think I would know the answer to this by now! Alas, the answer eludes me still. I struggle to decide my goals and my destination keeps changing.  Just when I think I can see it, the road takes another twist. Working back from their goals makes sense to some people, but for me it seems that the journey is the destination.

I am hoping this blog will help my journey.  How you may ask?  Hopefully by providing clarity - letting me see where I have been so I get some clues as to where I might be going.  Perhaps along the way it will amuse and entertain others (fingers crossed).  And some of you may just relate to my experiences.

So, who are they? Well, Elsie and George are my grandparents on my mother's side. They passed away when I was a child. Although I have memories of them which I cherish, they probably would not have been too keen on the many directions my "not always" conventional or comfortable life has taken (to date). 

I'm not proud of my lack of direction and shonky decisions.  But, hey, its never too late to change!

To start with, I am a kiwi girl from north of Auckland. Over the years I found myself with a failed marriage, a couple of failed long term relationships, a failed business, a whole bucket of tears and no career! And now I find myself and my three gorgeous children in a small, rural town in Central New South Wales.

How the heck did that happen? That wasn't on the GPS a year ago.

I hail from a family of achievers, settled in marriage and careers.  My two brothers (law and IT) and two sisters (sales and accounting) are happily married. My parents recently celebrated over 40 years of being together.  (My dad says how the hell did that happen!)

Australia was the solution to the second-to-last calamity in my life: cross the Tasman, start again, wipe the slate clean, get up every morning with a smile on my dial and a positive attitude to boot!

And yet - here I am in Cessnock having joined the 'happily ever after', real-deal Aussie guy - who walked away.  Once again, no job, no friends, not a lot of prospects and only just with a roof over our heads - and I mean only just.

Well today is a new day, the sun is shining, I have my health and the rest of our lives to look forward to! I WILL remain positive and cherry and make the most of what we do have!

And so to my latest idea - the birth of Elsie George Boutique, combining my passion for design and fashion with the realities of having to earn a living.  So please join me on my latest journey.  Watch this space!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment