Sunday 9 February 2014

Exciting Times Ahead!

Having long been a lover of most things vintage, be it furniture, books, cars, caravans, chinaware, clothing, I find I am often at odds with myself... and with a background and focus on the traditional in interior design I admit to also loving modernity.
 
Onto my next venture ... "Elsie George". The plan is to blend my love of fashion, my passion for refurbishing and reinventing old furniture, my enjoyment at meeting new people, my desire to become part of this community, my necessity to earn an income and still be around to collect my children from school, be home in time to cook dinner, supervise homework and spend quality time with them on the weekend. Is this possible?  ... well I guess if I don't try I will never know!
 
And so during a week of emotional lows (dealing with the fallout of a recently broken relationship, house woes and my youngest child starting school), I had an exciting high ... on Friday I received the keys to my new shop! Woohoo! After some weeks of negotiation I now have the lease of a very rundown retail store on Vincent Street - which is the main road through Cessnock. Sadly the street sports some neglected and unexciting stores and buildings, but on the upside we are the cusp of the stunning Hunter Valley, renowned for its many fabulous vineyards and a very popular tourist destination.
 
The very next morning, bright and early saw me dragging my excited little team of decorators to the new store to help me give  it a much needed facelift.  Well ok their excitement lasted five minutes but my 15 year old and I did get some wallpapering done ... yay!

Exciting times ahead...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment